BRANDED CONTENT STRATEGIES
RED BULL MEDIA HOUSE
There has been a lot of discussion of late on brands becoming media companies. One brand that has managed to achieve this accolade is Red Bull. There is a fantastic article in Fast Magazine about what it really means to transform yourself into a media brand.
Read the full article here and key excerpt are included below:
- Now that there’s no longer a firm line between content makers and the brands that glom on, every company, from American Express to Burger King, seems encouraged to consider itself a media company.
- "We make content that [audiences] can consume the way they like." Scott Bradfield, Media House’s head of production.
- "They are as good an example as exists of a brand pulling off being a media creator," says Noah Brier, cofounder of Percolate.
- "Red Bull is a media company that sells drinks instead of ads, and I get the impression they think of themselves that way" Noah Brier, cofounder of Percolate.
- "This is a natural evolution," Media House managing director Werner Brell says. "[Red Bull founder Dietrich Mateschitz] knew that success would be in how you market the product as much as the product itself."
THE ART OF FLIGHT - BY RED BULL MEDIA HOUSE